Australian Fully Funded Scholarships Awards for Masters/PhD Students at Australian Universities 2020/2021
The Australian government under its Department of Foreign Aairs and Trade is inviting applications for the Australian Awards Scholarships for Masters Students in 2020. Award types include master’s level scholarships and post-graduate short courses that aim to support the leadership needs of African professionals and to focus training on areas relevant to Africa’s development priorities. Through study and practical experience, scholars gain skills and knowledge that will help drive economic and social development in their home countries. Study and training are oered in the following priority sectors: agricultural productivity, extractives, and public policy. They provide opportunities for people from developing countries, particularly those countries located in the Indo-Pacic region, to undertake full-time undergraduate or postgraduate study at participating Australian universities and Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutions. The study and research opportunities provided by Australia Awards Scholarships develop the skills and knowledge of individuals to drive change and contribute to development in their own countries.
Worth of Award
Entitlements include the following:
- The full costs of tuition fees for up to two years An economy class ight to and from Australia. Note: Excess baggage and travel insurance charges are not covered
- An approximate annual stipend of AUD30,000 to cover living expenses while in Australia
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), which covers basic medical costs
- A once-o Establishment Allowance of AUD5,000 to assist with the costs of starting life in Australia and commencing the course (e.g. course books and materials, rental deposits, household items, etc.) Scholars, whose families remain in their home country, may be entitled to a reunion airfare allowing them to travel home, midway through the course. This is only available to scholars whose course is for two years or longer.
To be eligible to receive an Australia Awards Scholarship, applicants must:
- Be a citizen of an eligible African/Asian country
- Have a minimum academic requirement: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Mid-level to senior-level professional, currently employed in a relevant field
- Meet relevant post-graduate work experience requirements For Australia Awards Short Courses,
- applicants must be at least 18 years and not older than 55 years by the deadline.
- For Australia Awards Scholarships, applicants must be at least 18 years and not older than 52 years at the date of application.
- Demonstrate a clear vision of how the knowledge gained through the scholarship will be used to improve policy, practice or reform in their home country
- Satisfactory English proficiency to enable full participation in a training course delivered in
- English Satisfy all requirements of the Australian Government for the appropriate student visa (subclass 500)
How to Apply
Application for this award is online Deadline: Applications closes June 30, 2021.